Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful!





I'm so Thankful! Eric brought some papers home from school and I saw that he had been writing his name on his own!!! (he is mild-moderately autistic.) He had tried fairly recently when we went to Utah a month ago and he didn't have the right letters or anything, but now he's got it!!! I never dreamed he'd be able to do it this year! I have to say that I just love his teacher! He sure has been thriving with this particular teacher this year. This event is a nice reminder right before Thanksgiving that we are so blessed! It reminded me of the time when Eric was about 2 years old and he came in on Mother's day morning and said "M-oh-mmy." It was the first time he had ever said "mommy" and meant it as my name. He didn't say it again for many, many months or even a year after that, but I cherished it!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

Angela said...

Shelly! That is so wonderful. What a little smarty. I'm glad Eric is doing so well at school!